From memorable activities and cute hideaways to unbeatable views in rooftop restaurants there is nothing cliched about Valentine’s Day in the City of London.
From date night classics, swoon-worthy dinners and activities with a twist, the City has something that will wow your date, friends or even just yourself!
1. Take your date to new heights and enjoy the Valentine’s specials of some of the best dining experiences in the City
Many of the City’s rooftop restaurants are going all out for Valentine’s Day, curating special experiences for their guests.
- Sabine Rooftop Bar: Love is being taken to new heights in the City this February at Sabine Rooftop Bar. Get ready for 'Lovers Week,' a love letter to St. Valentine that will sweep you off your feet. From February 13th to 17th, indulge in a romantic experience filled with sumptuous sharing platters, and the pièce de résistance – a delightful Xin and Voltaire Sorbet to sweeten the deal. And on the 14th, experience all of this along with a live violinist! More information about Sabine.
- Searcys at The Gherkin: A Valentine's Day dining experience that's sure to impress, the Helix restaurant at Searcys on the 13th and 14th will be showcasing a special three-course menu, with canapes on arrival, accompanied by a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rosé Champagne. More information about Searcys at The Gherkin.
- Florattica: Celebrate at this beautiful rooftop venue and indulge in a specially curated three-course set menu beneath an enchanting floral ceiling. The magical ambiance of Florattica will be enhanced by a live performance from a talented violinist, accompanied by a DJ maintaining the romantic vibes. More information about Florattica.
- Sky Garden: Love is in the air at the Sky Garden this Valentine’s Day, specifically 37 floors up in the air. Take your date to new heights and enjoy unobstructed views of London's most iconic landmarks while sipping on delicious cocktails in a garden in the sky. Admission is free, making it one of the best date locations in the City. More information about Sky Garden.
2. Celebrate Galentine’s in the City
Valentine’s Day is not all about couples, take the opportunity to celebrate the incredible friendships in your life by organising something special.
- Bridesmaids Galentine’s Immersive Dining Experience: Celebrate Galentine's Day in style as you and your friends embark on a luxurious "eat what you see" experience at The Refinery City Point, featuring the hilarious comedy Bridesmaids. Teaming up with immersive dining specialists, Taste Film, these exclusive screenings offer a delightful array of food and drinks inspired by memorable scenes from the movie. Indulge in two exquisite cocktails, along with delectable dishes like California sushi rolls and a tempting Maid of Dishonor hot chocolate fondue. Find out more about the Taste Film Immersive Dining.
- Pink Afternoon Tea with Sky High Views: Gather your best friends and treat yourselves to a memorable afternoon tea at Searcys at The Gherkin and enjoy a selection of traditional tea-time treats, including sandwiches and traditional scones with clotted cream and jam. All served with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rosé Champagne while admiring the spectacular views of London, priced at £65 per guest. More information about Searcys at The Gherkin.
- Self-care treats at Leadenhall Market: Head for the giant neon Love Heart installation in the iconic Victorian market between 10 - 15 February to find competitions, fun photo opportunities, and complimentary Valentine’s treats for all across six days!
3. Indulge in Oysters and Champagne at Rake’s Café Bar
Celebrate the day in decadent style and uncork your love with oysters & bubbly by indulging in 6 delicious oysters and 2 glasses of Moet & Chandon champagne for only £50 at Rake's Bar.
4. Enjoy an unforgettable night bathed in candlelight at the Four Seasons Ten Trinity Square
This Valentine’s Day the Rotunda Bar and Lounge at the Four Seasons will host a mesmerizing candlelight concert featuring talented piano-vocalist Michael Amadi and a skilled violinist, who will serenade guests with classic love songs throughout the evening. The intimate setting will be illuminated by over 2000 LED candles, casting a warm and intimate glow throughout the space, while guests enjoy a delicious three-course menu of handmade raviolo, luxurious lobster wellington and delicate pavlova. The three-course menu is priced at £125 per person and includes a glass of rose champagne.
5. Raise your glass to love at Apex Hotels Month of Love Cocktail Specials
Throughout February, raise your glass to love with Apex Hotels' Month of Love Cocktail Specials. From the refreshing Watermelon Martini to the seductive Forbidden Fruit, these cocktails are crafted to set the mood. To celebrate the day itself, indulge in a four-course dinner with a glass of Prosecco on arrival for just £70 per person from February 14th to 17th.
6. Treat yourselves to a delicious Cheese & wine tasting
Experience the ultimate tasting at Cheese in Leadenhall Market. Choose five delectable cheeses and let their bar team introduce you to two white and two red wines, plus a port to complement the flavours. It's a sensory journey that will leave you and your date on cloud wine!
Find out more about Cheese at Leadenhall.
7. Explore the romance of the Victorian period at Guildhall Art Gallery
Dive into the rich tapestry of Victorian love at Guildhall Art Gallery. Many Victorian painters were preoccupied with conjuring up romanticised visions from the imagination and redefining ideals of beauty. Wandering around Guildhall Art Gallery you and your date will encounter incredible paintings on everyday subjects such as the home, work, travel, faith and of course, love.
Exploring the beautiful Victorian art on display in the Gallery is the perfect way to impress your date - and it's absolutely free!
Visit Guildhall Art Gallery.
8. The Par-fect date for anyone who loves an activity
Flirt and swing at Swingers with a game of crazy golf. The perfect place to let your competitive side shine with your partner or friends. Make an evening of it and enjoy delicious bites from Patty & Bun, Pizza Pilgrims or Breddos', and top it off with handcrafted desserts from Crosstown for the full date night experience.
Find out more about Swingers City
9. Take a romantic stroll
Meet at the Georg Ehrlich’s sculpture "The Young Lovers,", and admire the view of St Paul's, then wander down to the Riverside Walk East for a casual stroll along the north bank of the Thames. Enjoy breathtaking views of the river as you head for Tower Bridge. Make sure to look across to see Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
Another romantic walk to take is the The Illuminated River walk, a magical date idea that won’t break the bank. Stroll along the Thames, spanning nine bridges with mesmerizing light artworks by Leo Villareal. It's a beautiful two-hour journey through the heart of London. You can also get a river boat tour showcasing the spectacle from the river itself.
Get inspiration about walks in the City of London.
10. Treat your partner to a gift
Consider bringing a token of affection on your date!
- Windsor Flowers: Pre-order a stunning bouquet from Windsor Flowers in Leadenhall Market, because flowers and chocolates are timeless for a reason. Find out about Windsor Flowers.
- Valentine's Lunchtime Market: Pop over to Paternoster Square and by St Paul's Cathedral on 13-14 February, for a selection of craft stalls, artisan chocolates and beautiful flowers. With international food stalls too, it’s the perfect place for a lunchtime date.
11. Indulge in a romantic escape
Plan a romantic escape at one of the City’s best hotels.
- Tower Suites by Blue Orchid: Unwind in a luxurious suite and enjoy a complimentary bottle of chilled Champagne together with a personalised cake by their in-house patisserie. Enjoy your evening and indulge in a three-course candlelit dinner at Tower Suites by Blue Orchid, beside the world-famous Tower of London. The next morning, relax with a continental breakfast, before heading out to explore the beautiful city and all that it has to offer.
- Four Seasons: Celebrate all kinds of love this Valentine’s Day with an unforgettable evening at Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square. There is no better place for a cozy couples’ getaway in the heart of the historic city, and guests can choose from a range of accommodation offers and enhancements to ensure a romantic sojourn in the capital. Rooms are priced from £650 and bookable online.
- Andaz London: Head to Andaz London this winter to immerse yourself in the magical charm of the city and create unforgettable memories with the special ‘Friends of Andaz’ offer. Use Special Offer code ANDUS to enjoy 20% off stays during winter weekends (valid Friday - Saturday - Sunday) along with a hearty breakfast buffet.
- Pan Pacific London: An exciting and exclusive room package at Pan Pacific London gives guests a stay in a Pan Pacific Suite, butler service, private access to our 18.5m infinity pool for an evening golden hour with Champagne, and a chocolate-dipped strawberry platter for two followed by breakfast the following morning.
12. Celebrate with a delicious meal in one of the City’s finest restaurants
Celebrate the day by indulging in a delicious tasting menu at one these brilliant restaurants in the City of London.
- CORD: The team at CORD has curated a special 6-course tasting menu that will take your taste buds on a flavoursome journey, featuring Champagne Frosted Gillardeau Oysters with Kampot pepper, cucumber and Rio Red grapefruit, Marbled Wild Scottish Salmon with Chioggia beetroot, dulse seaweed and watermelon radish, as well as a decadent Hot Chocolate Soufflé made with the finest ingredients and crafted with love. Find out more about CORD by Le Cordon Bleu.
- Straits Kitchen: Straits Kitchen is devoted to bringing the rich and vibrant essence of multicultural Singapore to London. This Valentine’s Day embark on a tasting journey curated by Executive Head Chef Jun Yung Ng, with dishes including wagyu beef with purple sprout, champagne sauce and steamed rice as well as a delicious dessert of white chocolate, oolong cream, peach confit, and almond dacquoise. Find out more about Straits Kitchen.
Other City spots to take your date for a romantic meal:
- Barbican Brasserie: Have a romantic date night with dinner and a cocktails at this modern yet warm and inviting space, serving British classics and European dishes. Located within the Barbican Centre, with stunning views of the iconic Barbican lakeside and architecture as you dine! Find out more about the Barbican Brasserie by Searcys,
- Fortnum & Mason at The Royal Exchange: Book now for a date to remember! Alongside the awe-inspiring interiors, the Valentine’s Day menu ensures a truly unforgettable evening for all the senses. Enjoy a glass of Fortnum’s Brut Rosé Champagne on arrival followed by an Amuse-Bouche of Barber’s Cheddar and Black Winter Truffle Gougère—then indulge in dishes such as Steak Tartare, Poached Brill with Spinach, Vermouth Sauce and Caviar, and Pear Tart Tatin. Find out more about Fortnum's Bar and Restaurant at the Royal Exchange.
Explore more places to eat & drink in the City of London.
13. Experience the world of Shakespeare
Bring your date for an evening performance by the talented performers of Guildhall School of Music & Drama, from 12 - 17 February. Much Ado About Nothing is one of William Shakespeare’s finest and best-loved comedies. With previous alumni including Lily James, Michaela Coel, and Daniel Craig, you could be watching one of the stars of the future.
This Valentine's Day, the City of London is your playground for love, laughter, and unforgettable moments.